I know that I am going to be swamped this weekend so I am just going to give a few updates now and maybe a couple more on Sunday if more comes together.
Today, Friday, I am bringing Katie the filmer to Club4100. I want her to have a formal introduction with Mena and Raj and get a grasp of the place and the atmosphere. This way she will know where it is located and feel comfortable going there alone if need be.
The best news of the week is that I talked to Tom Matte and have a scheduled interview with him next Thursday, 5:00 at the club!! I was really nervous calling him because I had no idea what to expect. He is a very busy man and I tried to be as concise with our needs and tell him how appreciative we are. He also agreed to a filmed interview, great news. I am going to study up on him and Corey already sent me really great info about his history in an e-mail. Thanks Corey. Prof. King mentioned trying to have him give a "best of luck" type of thing at the end of his interview ro be shown during the event. Kind of an ode to the club. Also, he agreed to signing jerseys or other types of sports memorabilla for our auction.
This weekend I will need to come up with a list of questions and run them by Prof. King on Tuesday. I have sent out an e-mail to others in the class for advice or possible questions.
There was a quick dilemma about changing the date, but luckily it got worked out in record time. I think, as a class, we are learning to work well with one another in times of conflict. I know that I had a hard time taking off work the day of the event because it is Hopkins graduation and since I work at a restaurant we need all the staff we can get. That was my selfish reason for not minding a date change. However, I did put my foot down and will be at the event, even if I have to work for a few hours that morning! Also if we had it a week later most graduating students would be off celebrating their graduation nor would Prof. King be able to attend. We are keeping the date and I think the stress over what we may or may not have done is just par for the course. We are doing our best and have learned a lot from trying to plan this event.
I am off to pick up Katie now, and head the to the club. I will try and write later this weekend on how it goes and any ideas her and I have come up with for filming!
Good Luck Everyone!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment