Friday, May 8, 2009

These final days......

We are so close to the event taking place, I think the class really feels the excitement of it all and now understands this is really happening. I participated in the bake sale on Wednesday, which was fun, and we sold as much baked goods as Monday. I felt like I as in high school all over again with all the class spirit and shouting out to people in hopes they would stop by.

Tickets and t-shirts have been the hardest items to sell, so many people just don’t want to commit. Even my friends who continually say they are definitely coming have not purchased the cheaper pre-ticket I keep telling them about. I did sell four though, one to my Dad of course. I am giving one as a birthday gift to my friend Carrie who freelances for Urbanite magazine, a free publication that many people pick up. I am hoping that the event will spark her interest enough for a possible story. You never know!

I called Betty Welley, the actress who Emily and Melanie met at a CCBB meeting. She was so excited at the idea of talking about Brooklyn and I could tell she was flattered that we would think to involve her. The interview will most likely be next Thursday and Katie C. will film it! So glad to have her involved. She is planning on going to next weeks street team to meet Prof. King and film some of the street team in action. I have to work, but I want her to feel comfortable with the rest of the class. Back to Betty, she wants to sign autographs at the event and will show me pictures

I feel like everyone has really stepped up over the last three weeks. It seems that everyone in the class has an area to focus on that they are excited about and we are willing to spill over into other areas when necessary. A lot of the class tension, where ideas are concerned, has lifted and we are all ready for this event to take place.

I am glad that to have gained more confidence when it comes to calling people for interviews, I get so nervous. Even calling Betty gave me the jitters and then it was totally fine. I am also excited to continue with the project as an internship. I want to get more involved with Brooklyn as a whole, start attending some of those CCBB meetings that I have heard so much about and make new connections. Who knows what the next journey will be like, but I’m ready. Also, I want the filming to continue. Katie C. says I have a personable quality with new people and that means a lot to me because I want the interviewees to feel comfortable and I am so glad to have a friend that works well with cameras.

Here Here to the countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment